Section 508

Mar 08, 2013

Hi,

I am creating a 508 compliant course using Storyline and I have rearranged my objects to be in the correct tab order and it is working.  The course is not linear sequential as the user can select any object on the page and is taken to a different branch of information and provides a return button, which takes the user back to the main page to select another topic.  I can change the state of the object so that the user will see what objects have been visited, but how can I do this for a 508 user?  Or would it be best to add hot keys that allow the 508 user to go through sequentially?  Any assistance is appreciated.

L

2 Replies
L Keith

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the info.  That worked well.  Unfortunately the screen reader and tabbing is only working on the main page.  I created hot keys and troggers so that a keyboard user could move through the course, the user selects the first box (I created as a  seperate layer)using a hot key and it moves to the "next" page, but tab is not working although I have the objects set to be visible to accessibility devices. It totally skips the main text.  Is there an issue with using layers for 508?

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.