Seekbar Closed Captioning Errors?
I work as an intern with our development team and have been designing some educational modules for our website, as well as testing the newest updates and looking for bugs that would prevent our team from updating. One bug that my editor and I noticed was that when a slide completes playing and the learner uses the seekbar to go back anywhere on the slide that isn't the very beginning, the closed captioning no longer plays. I've also noticed some timeline based cues are off like sound effects, but the more troubling one is definitely the closed captioning.
Method to reproduce this bug:
1. Download the attached Storyline File
2. Preview the entire project
3. Get to the third slide which holds a navigation menu.
4. Turn on closed captioning.
5. Click on an individual method (not view all as that enables autoplaying). I know this error occurs on the pressure and chemical slides for sure.
6. Skip to the end of the object using the seekbar, or let the slide play normally. The closed captioning still works at this point.
7. Once the slide ends, use the seekbar to go back to the middle of that slide and press play. The closed captioning no longer plays.
Note: Closed captioning works if the learner navigates back to the beginning of the slide using the seekbar, but nowhere else.
Let me know if this is an error with my method of design, or if this is a bug. It's an issue for learners that have trouble processing information and want to repeat info, but also need closed captioning. This is an issue with our compliance requirements.
Thanks for your help!
P.S. I will not be in the office from 12PM Central today (6/29) through July 9th. I will reply after then, but our entire team has the week off.