Sending a SL360 variable to a PDF

Mar 21, 2020

I am working on a project that requires a certificate/contract to be printed when the course is completed.  I originally wanted the LMS to provide the user name within the course to be added to the certificate however had to abandon as I could not get any of the java to work.  (I'm super green with Java :) ) I would however like to pass the user input field I created "MemberName" to a PDF.  I'm able to launch the PDF from within SL360.  That part works.  I cannot figure out how to get the SL360 variable to populate on the PDF.  I'm wide open to some direction.

8 Replies
Bill Sahm

Hi Matthew,

Thank you for replying.  I have most of the course created including the PDF.  SL360 calls the PDF perfectly however I cannot figure out how to get the Name variable from SL to the PDF.  I am green as it gets to java script and html.  I create these courses for my volunteer fire company and I'm it.  I've been taking a beginners course to Java today but every-time I get started I need to go on another EMS emergency.  What specifically do you need to know?  I attached the PDF I created.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.