Setting required scenes in a Storyline 360 eLearning

Dec 27, 2019

I am creating an eLearning using Storyline 360.  I have a total of 6 scenes - which we are calling lessons.  There are two scenes that we want to require the learners to complete prior to moving onto the last four.  Is there a way to set required scenes vs optional scenes.  Additionally, is there a way to control the order in which the learner takes each lesson?  

I have been researching, and cannot find anything.

Thanks!

6 Replies
Rebekah Everest

I came up with a solution that isn't great or necessarily elegant, but it kind of works.  I'm just wondering if it will stick in the LMS. 

I am going to set the two required lesson portkeys to display on the starting page.  I will set a variable for the optional portkeys which makes those available only after the learner has viewed the two required lessons.

However, I wonder what will happen when they come back to this in the LMS.  Will the learning remember that they have already accessed the required lessons and leave the optional portkeys available.  We will test this in the LMS and see if it works.

Please let me know if any of you come up with other ideas.

Thanks!

Jeff Forrer

You may already know this, but just in case.  You can set in your Player settings options, to Restricted, this way they have to do in the order you want and can't jump ahead but can jump back. 

More details here:

https://community.articulate.com/series/articulate-storyline-360/articles/articulate-storyline-360-user-guide-how-to-customize-the-menu#wrap

You can't set one to be required, then the next one to be required, but you can use the Menu as above.

OR

You can make your own Menu, not using the built-in Menu, and set the order using variables to lock/unlock the buttons, leaving the ones not required, unlocked.  (This is what I typically do in this case.)

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.