Setting Storyline page to height 2047px don't allow scrolling on mobile

Aug 22, 2019

Hi eLearning heroes,

I created a template that works fine on mobiles (iphones) with 575 x 900 px. Trying with 575 x 2047 px and published as HTML5, I naively thought that this slide would fill the width of my iPhone's screen and that I would be able to scroll down. The attached picture shows my disappointing result!

I have constraints:

-Can't use Rise because we wish to track what the user does (adding javascript to some buttons)

-Scrolling panel as well as the slider don't work with Safari unfortunately unless I missed something

-I need to display videos, text and pictures which sounds pretty normal though

If you have ideas or if you need to tell me that this is absolutely normal :-), please do and thanks.

Sylvia

2 Replies
Ron Price

As you have experienced -  The Modern player and mobile output automatically scale to fit.  So increasing the height of your story size only makes things awkward.  You will want to maintain the 16:9 or 16:10 aspect ratio.  Have you encountered issues with the Sliders or Scrolling panels not working for you in mobile?

Sylvia Pruchon

Hi Ron, thanks for confirming and also great thanks for reminding me the slider feature that I tested another way and this works fine with Safari on iPhone!

I Used the slider to show or hide different layers corresponding to the text/pictures/videos I intended to see when scrolling. The result is a bit jerky scrolling for this early draft but crosssing fingers that some transitions will improve the user experience!

Here are the pictures to let you see the result as well as the trigger settings for show layer and hide layer but I guess this is a simple stuff for you :-)

Again great thanks Ron, you helped generating this idea!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.