Show Layer Multiple instances
Aug 07, 2014
Hello, I'm new to the Articulate family and I'm developing a course and had a quick question regarding layers.
I have a page which contains a process overview and I want the learners to click on ALL 5 hotspots before they are able to advance to the next page. So this is what I've done thus far:
- Created 5 "True/False" variables, one for each Hotspot,
- Added the following triggers to each Hotspot on the base layer (1) Set "variable" to True; (2) Show the respective layer.
- Added a notification message layer instructing learners they must click each hotspot before proceeding to the next page. (The Player trigger being: Show layer "Layer name" If (all 5 variable names) is equal to False.
- Added Player trigger "Jump to next slide when user clicks the next button if (all 5 variable names) is equal to True.
So here is what happens now:
- The slide appears and when I click the "next" button without clikcing on a hotspot, my Notification layer message appears as it should. I have a button on this layer which then hides this message layer.
- Then back on the base layer, if i click the "next" button again (before clicking on all the hotspots) the notification message layer doesn't re-appear. Thus my dilemma - I want the message to appear anytime the learner clicks the next button until all 5 hotspots have been visited.
Any assistance, guidance or tips are greatly appreciated.