Simulations

Feb 05, 2014

Hi there,

I have added a number of simulations in the module I've created and they work fine when I preview them in Storyline. I have just had the module published to our Staff Intranet, and the simulations do not work at all, in fact, slides do not progress when the learner clicks on the identified hotspot. 

Any suggestions as to what could be going wrong? 

I've been trying to upload the module to TempShare, without any luck. Publishing stops at 99%.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you, 

Agnieszka

5 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Agnieszka,

When you published did you first publish to a local drive and then move those publish files to your intranet? I'd be happy to take a look at the .story file and see if I can publish and place on Tempshare. There are a few other places you could post your web course for testing within this article, such as a public Dropbox folder. 

If you're unable to share the course here in the forums, I'll send you directions to share it with me privately. 

Agnieszka Gorgon

Hi Ashley,

I was finally able to upload the module to TempShare. I've changed how Web Objects display, now they open in a new window - this resolves the Web Objects issue. Simulations seem to be working well as well on the temp server.

What can the problem be with my internal server? MP4 videos play, but simulations don't seem to work. 

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Agnieszka

Mervat Zahra

Hi there, 

I am facing similar issues. I have a simulation recording module with about 60 slides and 50MB. When I preview the project, it works properly, no issues. When I publish and view it in IE 8, some parts of the sim doesnt load up. I view the published file using Chrome and it seems OK. Now the problem is my company's default browser is IE and all my learners will be using IE. Any ideas how I can resolve it?

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Jalpa,

Are you viewing the published files within the intended environment or testing it locally? You'll want to load up to your web server or LMS (depending on how you've published) to properly test it. If you're testing it as described and still having issues in IE8, can you tell us more about what is occurring or not working correctly? 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.