SL 360 - Drop target doesn't snap in Flash

Feb 14, 2018

Drag-drop works fine in HTML5 (snaps to target/tile) but the Flash version does not snap to target. I've rebuilt this several times.

5 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Thanks for allowing me to test your file, Jeffrey! We're seeing a problem in Storyline 360 Flash output where a drag object doesn't "snap" to the drop target if you use the 'Tile' setting.

Until we've got a fix in place, I would recommend using 'Snap to center' for Drop Target Options.

As soon as the fix is released, I'll let you know!

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Thomas,

While our team is still looking at this issue with the "Tile" setting, "Snap to Center" should work correctly in Flash. Here's a link to a sample drag and drop activity Flash output for you to test.

What version of Storyline are you using? You can check the version number by going to the Help tab, then clicking About Storyline

Ian Ollig

Hi there, we are having the same problem here. "Snap to Centre" doesn't really work for the content we are using. We have a number of drag items tiled on top of each other and have the "Reveal drag items one at a time" check box ticked.

I have temporarily fixed the issue by changing the drop target options to "Free", but it doesn't look very neat when used by learners.

We are using Storyline 3, but the content we are working on at the moment was originally created in Storyline 2.

Do you know if the latest update (version 4, build: 3.4.15731.0 for Storyline 3) is going to solve the issue?

Thanks,

Ian

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Ian,

Thanks for checking in on this - it's still an open issue our team is looking into, but I'll update our report to let them know you're stuck based on the snap options and how your content is designed. 

Also, it does look like this is happening for the Flash output - are you learners able to use the HTML5 instead? 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.