SL 360 HTML5 Swipe Left/Right on iPad

Jan 25, 2017

I noticed that even though navigation is restricted and the NEXT button disabled, I can swipe to skip slides on an iPad.

Sam

3 Replies
Crystal Horn

Hi there, Sam.  I published a mock-up quickly to test this out, and I wasn't able to reproduce that behavior in my file on my iPad Mini.  You can check it out here.

I had set the Menu to restricted in the Player Properties window, and I removed both the buttons and the swipe navigation options from my Slide Properties.  I instead used a button to jump to the second slide.  

Did you change the state of your Next button to disabled, or remove it from Slide Properties, just to clarify?  The swipe will work independently of the Next button, so disabling the Next button will not prevent swiping to advance once the slide has run it's timeline (if the Menu is restricted).

What is your setup?

Crystal Horn

Hello Sylvie!  It sounds like your navigation is not working using the LMS Mobile App.

We support HTML5 viewing of your Storyline 360 output on mobile devices with:   

• Safari in Apple iOS 8 or later
  • Google Chrome in Apple iOS 8 or later
  • Google Chrome in Android OS 4.1 or later

You can also use the Articulate Mobile Player app for iPads and Android devices if you need the course to be available for offline viewing, but your LMS will need to support Tin Can API.

Our responsive player will provide a great user experience from mobile Chrome or Safari!  

Can you share the course from your LMS without the LMS's Mobile App? 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.