SL 360 is converting .wav to .mp3

Mar 16, 2019

Hi - 

Does anyone know how to stop SL 360 from converting my imported .wav files to .mp3?  I want them to stay as .wav files, but every time I import a wav, it converts to mp3.  Please help.

10 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi all,

Thanks for reaching out and reporting this issue! After checking in with our Engineers, they confirmed that this was a visual change from Update 24 to 25. When you inserted a WAV file previously it was converted to an MP3 for storage in Storyline and ultimately upon publish. Update 25 now shows that accurately within the timeline. You can still export as a WAV file from the slide stage if needed! 

Hope that helps, and please let me know if you have any other questions! 

Larry Pickle

Can you pass on a message to the people who create the Version History that is made available to us online? A couple of us spent a few hours trying to figure out why the audio file name changed after inserting it into Storyline. If the Version History were more complete, we could have found our answer in about 3 minutes. This is the 2nd issue I've had to research this week, only to find out it was fixed (or changed in the mp3 case), but not listed anywhere that we could find it.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.