SL 360 Modern Player Notes Tab having huge spaces even the texts are at the same line

Sep 12, 2019

When I put texts under Notes for a slide in SL 360, when Modern Player is used, there are huge spaces showing up under Notes tab even the texts are at the same line. When I switched to Classic Player, no issue at all.

Would you please tell me how to fix this issue at your earliest convenience? Our customers will not like this.

I have attached a screen shot that will show the issue.

Thank you!

6 Replies
Ren Gomez

Hi Jihong,

Sorry to hear you're coming across huge spaces in your notes section!

It looks like you missed attaching the screenshot. You can reply here and use the Add Attachment button to share your image. You can also feel free to share your .story file as well in this discussion, or privately by uploading it here so that we can take a closer look at your file!

Jihong Jin

I found the root cause of the issue: When "Player font size" is increased, it supposes only changing the size of the lesson title and the Tabs, such as Resources, Notes, Exit and etc., however in Modern player it causes displaying the big space in Notes for the texts. In Classic Player, this bug does not exists.

Would you please ask your engineering team to fix it ASAP? Because we need to increase "Player font size" to 200% so that the Exit button will be obvious to the users.

Thank you!

Katie Riggio

Hi Kenny,

Thanks for reaching out! I'm having trouble recreating the double spacing on Update 40:

To help us find a fix, could you help me with these key details?

• What Storyline 360 update are you using? Click on the Help tab, then About Storyline.
  • Does the spacing issue appear during preview, in the published output, or both?
  • What did you select for Player font size? (I tried 150% and %170.)

If you can share a sample file with me for testing, that would be gold. If that works, send it along through this secure upload link!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.