SL 360 Renders TONDO font as New Times Roman

Feb 03, 2017

I have both SL 2 and SL 360 on my workstation. There's a font "Tondo" that I've used in SL 2 with no problem. As I write, SL 2 will render Tondo correctly.

SL 360 on the other hand displays Tondo correctly, shown here:

but Preview or Publish renders a font that looks a lot like New Times Roman shown here:

The .story is attached.

14 Replies
Sam Carter

We don't have missing fonts.  We did an unsync / resync / reboot.  The test Story file still previews and publishes Tondo text as New Times Roman text.

I understand that Adobe may have something unique about it that could be massaged to fix SL 360 but Storyline 2 doesn't have this issue.

Isn't it relevant to investigate why SL 360 has a font issue that SL 2 doesn't?

Ali Goulet

Hey Sam,

Great news - Articulate 360 Update 5 is now available! It includes a number of fixes detailed in the release notes here.  

The item you may be interested in is how we fixed several fonts that displayed incorrectly in HTML5 output, including Adobe Typekit fonts. 

Launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer and click the “Update” button next to each tool.

Let us know if you have any questions!

Martin Volckart

Hi all,

one of my customers experiences a similar problem with a course played in her IE browser, that I developped with Articulate SL 3. All text is displayed in Times New Roman.

What is interesting that I cannot produce the effect with different browsers (IE11, Chrome, Firefox, Safari) on different devices.

Does anyone have a guess?

Leslie McKerchie

Hi Martin,

Sorry to hear that you have a user experiencing difficulty with your course.

I have seen a report specific to I: 

• The font will not render correctly in Internet Explorer if you disabled "Font download" option when viewing HTML5 output.

Does that sound like what your user may be experiencing?

Workarounds:

• Enable "Font download" option in Internet Explorer when viewing HTML5 output.
  • Add your website to the “Trusted Sites” in Internet Explorer. Go to Internet options > Security tab > Trusted sites.

Let me know if that helps.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.