SL 360: The "Reset to initial state" functionality works in the Preview mode, but not in the Published file

Jan 04, 2021

Hi,

I am currently working on a course that has an assessment. I have used a question bank consisting of 10 questions, out of which 5 questions appear randomly. I have included a "Retake assessment" button, that allows the learner another attempt at the assessment. 

Now, when I click the "Retake assessment" button when in the Preview mode, all the questions are reset to their initial state, allowing me to select the correct option. However, this is not possible in the published file. The options are disabled.

I'm sure I'm missing something. Can anyone please help me with this issue? 

TIA!

1 Reply
Ren Gomez

Hi Shruthi,

Thanks for reaching out! It sounds like the assessment is working as expected when previewing, but not after you publish the file. How are you viewing the published file?

Try publishing the course to Review 360 to get an idea of the final output. If you publish to the web, make sure you're viewing the course in the intended environment and not locally, which can cause issues due to security restrictions. This article below shares more!

📚Resource: Storyline: Create, Edit, and Publish Courses on Your Local Hard Drive

Let us know how it goes!