SL 360: Video adio sync problem with seekbar

Dec 17, 2019

Hi there!

I've got a big issue with video/audio/sync problem when using the seekbar.

What is the best way to start videos so that they remain synchronized when using the Seekbar? I also run the speaker text over an audio file. In addition, the video shows an avatar whose lips move synchronously to the speaker's text. I.e., every delay is immediately recognizable.

If I play the slide and don't make any changes to the seekbar, everything fits. However, if I stop the Seekbar or jump forwards/backwards, the audio will fit but the video will no longer be synchronized. Hence the question:

• What can you do? (it is not an option to integrate the audio directly into the video)
  • What is the best way to start the videos? Automatic? by trigger when the video timeline starts? By trigger, when the timepoint is reached at which the video starts on the timeline?
  • What properties do the imported videos need to have in order for Storyline to work well with them?

I'm using the latest version of Sl360.

Thanks for any help.

14 Replies
Lauren Connelly

Hi Stefan!

Thank you for sharing your troubleshooting steps! It's always helpful to see what has already been checked off!

Are you seeing the audio sync error during Preview or just in the browsers? 

Have you tried using the trigger, Pause Timeline and Resume Timeline? This would be my first suggestion if this error is happening in Preview.

Would you mind sharing the file with us? You can do so by using the "add attachment" button in this discussion. Or you can share the file privately with our Support Engineers by using this link.

Stefan K.

See the appendix for a sample video and sample file showing the problem. This time without audio.

I do not use triggers (Pause Timeline and Resume Timeline).

I see the sync error mainly in the browser and also in various LMS systems.

Especially I have difficulties when several videos are shown in one screen. Sometimes the videos don't start at all, but simply stop in the still image. Without a recognizable reason why.

In general my impression is that Storyline has big problems to handle imported videos correctly if the Seekbar is used at the same time. Therefore the questions again:

• What is the best way to start the videos? Automatic? by trigger when the video timeline starts? By trigger, when the timepoint is reached at which the video starts on the timeline?
  • What properties do the imported videos need to have in order for Storyline to work well with them?

Stefan K.

Unfortunately, this can't be the solution.

1) The video-audio lync problem is not the only problem, as can be seen in the video above.

2) When I add audio to the videos, the volume of these videos is different from the volume of the audio clips  (this is a further storyline bug).  Therefore, audio and videos must be separated.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.