SL1 to 360 conversion - slide content visible on STORY VIEW but not on individual slide view

Nov 26, 2017

Recently I have tried to convert an old SL1 course over to 360.

The entire slide content is visible on STORY VIEW, but when I try to edit the individual slides , some content is missing.

For example, the layer content is there (Some of it) but the base layer has no content?

25 Replies
David Witte

Hi Wendy

Thank you, but clicking the icon does nothing to the base layer.

Is there anything else we can try?

Regards,

David Witte
Quality Manager | Monash Imaging | Monash Health t: 03 9594 2850| m: 0402 891 061
e: david.witte@monashhealth.org
www.monashhealth.org | www.facebook.com/MonashHealth | twitter.com/monashhealth

David Witte

Thank you
What do I publish the file as and how do I link this to you?

David Witte
Quality Manager | Monash Imaging | Monash Health t: 03 9594 2850| m: 0402 891 061

THIS E-MAIL IS CONFIDENTIAL. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify us by return e-mail and delete the document. If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Monash Health are not liable for the proper and complete transmission of the information contained in this communication or for any delay in its receipt.

David Witte

Thank you

No I don't have SL2. I have another major project that did the same thing, I lost everything. Interesting to see if this works.
Yes, please convert to 2 and then 360.

David Witte

THIS E-MAIL IS CONFIDENTIAL. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify us by return e-mail and delete the document. If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Monash Health are not liable for the proper and complete transmission of the information contained in this communication or for any delay in its receipt.

David Witte

Hi Wendy managed to track it down

David Witte

Wendy Farmer

Hi David

I upgraded to SL2 then SL360 - looks to me like it has worked - there may be some tweaking needed of objects . I've attached SL360 file, SL2 file and SL2 backup file for CT_Procedure.

The Monash file when I try and open in SL2 gives me the message it has been created in a newer version of SL.

So I opened it in SL360 but there were no slides in it.  Perhaps it was the upgraded file that hadn't been renamed - sorry I couldn't help with this one.

David Witte

Thank you so much you have saved me heaps of hours work.

The induction one is interesting. I did the same process for 4 modules in the induction and the 1st module I sent to you has no content whatsoever. The others are OK

Maybe I will try again with another backup file?

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi David 

I'm sorry you've had such trouble upgrading your SL1 files to Storyline360! It's something our team is taking a look at as it's not something we'd expect. The solution in the meantime is to first open in Storyline 2, and then use that version to upgrade to Storyline 360. If you'd like to use the trial of Storyline 2 that'd be an easy way to go about it. 

Let me know if you need anything else, and I included your discussion here in the report file with our team. I'll be able to update you here once we have more information.

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi David, 

Thanks for your patience on this one! We fixed some issues that could occur when upgrading Storyline 1 and Storyline 2 projects to Storyline 360, such as blank slides and incorrect text wrapping in the latest update to Articulate 360 released this morning. 

You can launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer and click the Update button for each application. Details here.

Please let us know if you have any questions, either here or by reaching out to our Support Engineers directly. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.