SL360 - Drag and Drop Issue on latest version

Jul 03, 2018

Hi,

I love Storyline, really love it.  I have built a successful business creating great elearning for my clients and tell everyone that will listen that Storyline is the best development tool there is.  

However, I am starting to get really frustrated with the constant issues with SL360 releases that don't seem to have been fully tested. 

The SCORM data issue involved days and days of work for my staff trying to work out how to ensure learners could return to where they left off for a major client project (sorry Articulate I can't tell 6,000 people they have to complete a 2-hour course in one sitting). 

Now we find that Drag and Drops don't work in the latest update.  This is a major issue that has occurred somewhere in the recent two releases.  Basically, drag items seem to be put (by Storyline) at the bottom of the timeline, even behind the master slide.  This means that draggable objects will be hidden behind the background (both shapes or images) and not available to the learner to complete the activity.  This happens when previewing or publishing (in slide view it looks correct).   

So if you find your Drag items aren't showing up and you are on a SL360 version after v3.16.15 then it's probably that.  

Any ideas Articulate when this will be resolved and, just as importantly can we have confirmation on what is being done to avoid these rapid updates that don't seem to be fully tested before release.  Or are we at the point where we can not rely on 360 and therefore can't use it for contractual work?

6 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi everyone,

I'm so sorry for the headaches this bug has caused you. Rest assured our team is on it, and we plan to have a fix in place very soon.

Also, we never want you to feel apprehensive about updating your software when a new build is available. We want updates to be smooth and painless, and we're working really hard to ensure that unexpected bugs don't sneak into new releases in the future.

Thanks so much for letting us know how this is impacting you. I'll keep you posted on our progress!

Leslie McKerchie

Hi everyone,

Great news!  We just released another update for Articulate 360, and included a few important fixes that you'll see in the release notes here

The item you'll be interested in is:

Fixed: In drag-and-drop interactions, drag items might return to their original positions during quiz review or be hidden by other objects.

Just launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer and click the Update button for Storyline 360. Details here.

Please let us know if you have any questions, either here or by reaching out to our Support Engineers directly.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.