SL360 Drop Zones Resetting

Jan 28, 2018

I've been working on the same module for about 4-5 months or so. It's fairly complex, and going through rounds of reviews. For some reason, SL has been resetting my drop zones after each of the last two release/updates. Any way to prevent this? Ex. It changes the correct drop zone from Rectangle 4 to Rectangle 3 on all similar slides. (It's a board game style interaction where people spin  a wheel and move their game piece before each section, so I have very similar slides for each such interaction throughout the module. And all of them were reset after the last two updates.)

3 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Traci,

When you say reset, was it ever initially rectangle 3 instead of 4? Or that it's randomly changing the drop zone to something else that wasn't ever an option?  I haven't experienced this with the updates of Storyline 360, but I'd love to take a look at your file. 

Can you share a copy here with us, or send it along to our Support team here? 

Traci P

Hi Ashley, Rectangle 4 is a transparent rectangle that is the correct drop zone. Rectangle 3 is a shape with animation that changes to a visible state to be a hint if someone drops their game piece in an incorrect area. 3 and 4 overlap each other in position, so my best guess is that's why these two change. It doesn't seem be random bc it's the same shapes get swapped with new releases. I can share an example slide with the support team later today. I just wish I could prevent it as it's inconvenient to go in and fix 13 or so slides repeatedly. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.