SL360: Locking Layer Visibility Turns SL Into Molasses

Feb 01, 2018

Since switching to SL360 our team has been experiencing painful slow-downs in application. We've been able to identify one cause, which is locking visibility on multiple layers. When creating a slide with multiple layers, if you lock visibility on those layers, SL360 slows down to an unusable pace.

Attachments:

1. Video of occurence

2. Image of my PC specs

Note: I literally just updated Storyline before making this video.

Cheers,

CC

4 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi there Clint,

Thanks so much for that screen recording! That was super helpful.

I created a quick test file in Storyline 360, and I saw the same problem you did. I can definitely see how this would cause a slow-down to your workflow, so I'm going to log this as a software bug. 

As soon as I get more information on this, I'll let you know. Thanks so much for bringing this up, and I'm really sorry for the headaches it's causing you!

Alyssa Gomez

Hey Clint! I wanted to circle back to let you know we just released update 16 for Storyline 360! It includes new features and fixes - check them all out here.

One of the fixes we made in this update is to improve the performance of the Storyline editor. It no longer slows down when multiple slide layers are visible at the same time.

Here’s how you can update Storyline 360 to take advantage of everything the latest release has to offer. Let me know how you make out!

Katie Riggio

Hi there! While this discussion is about Storyline 360, I wanted to share that update 5 for Storyline 3 is now live ..in case any Storyline 3 users have been following along–check out all the new fixes and features here

One of the fixes addresses an issue that Alyssa mentioned right above, but for Storyline 3: we've improved the performance of the Storyline editor, so it no longer slows down when multiple slide layers are visible at the same time.

Here’s where you can install and update Storyline 3. Hope that helps!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.