SL360 modules not Showing Complete

Jul 10, 2020

I have learned so much from everyone on here trying to work through some of my problems with Storyline, I figured I would try again. i am trying to move from PPT/Presenter to Storyline, but I keep running into issues. The most recent one is course status. In PPT/Presenter modules, they show as completed when an agent goes thru them. I never had to set anything, change anything, etc. it just works. My SL360 modules will not show completed, no matter what I do. Bu default they were set to slide views, but that doesn't work. So I started messing with triggers, both timeline trigger and a button, no love. I read a bunch of stuff on here, and tried changing all kinds of settings, but still no luck.

I tried using Scormcloud, as suggested in a few threads. It seems to WORK there. It shows completed when I go thru it. Does that mean it is our elearning platform? I have attached a shortened version of the module, just in case anyone can see if it is something I am doing wrong. And thanks!

9 Replies
Ren Gomez

Hi Brian,

Thanks for reaching out and sharing your file! Since the file reports correctly in SCORM Cloud, you may want to reach out to your LMS provider on the best LMS reporting options for publishing a SCORM output.

I see that you're using a Complete Course trigger, and in checking your tracking and reporting options when you publish, you've selected Passed/Failed option. Try the Completed/Failed option and see if that works for your LMS!

You may also want to follow up on whether SCORM 2004 or SCORM 1.2 is the best option.

Let me know if you get a better result in trying those other statuses!

Brian Nalley

Well, I think a co-worker and I figured it out (our elearning was kind of inherited, and we don't have a lot of resources available on that end).

Anyway, it seems that if I select "Launch Player In New Window" in the player settings, the course will not show completed. I have no ides why that would matter, but it seems too. Unchecking that appears to have fixed the issue.

Katie Riggio

Hi Brian,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop on this one!

Our team found an issue in Storyline 360 Update 41 where completion does not get communicated when the player is set to launch in a new window. 

Your description rang a bell, so I included this chat in our report. For now, we have these workarounds:

We'll update you on any new developments as soon as we can!

Leslie McKerchie

Hi Brian!

Great news!  We just released another update for Articulate 360, and included a few important fixes that you'll see in the release notes here.  

The item you'll be interested in is:

Fixed: Course completions and quiz scores weren't recorded in an LMS when the player was set to launch in a new window.

Just launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer and click the Update button for Storyline 360. Details here.

Please let us know if you have any questions, either here or by reaching out to our Support Engineers directly.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.