SL360 - remembering where you last left off

Dec 08, 2017

We created a course in SL360 that is comprised of an intro slide, a question bank of 183 questions, and a results slide. All 183 questions are presented (in order, no randomization). 

Up until the 25th question, you can leave the course and then resume later, being brought back to where you last left off. However, leaving the course after the 25th question takes you back to Question 26. It doesn't matter how far into the course you navigate, returning to where you last left off takes you to Question 26.

I'm looking for ideas on why this might be happening. Could it be an  incompatibility with our LMS (Meridian)? 

I appreciate any thoughts on what could be the culprit.

4 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi there Bobby,

My hunch is that you're hitting a suspend data limit. In other words, Storyline sends information to your LMS about where you leave off in the course. However, the LMS has limits on how much it can remember at once.

Did you publish using SCORM 1.2? If so, see if your LMS supports SCORM 2004 3rd Edition. Using that should resolve your issue.  

Bobbi Vernon

I published to SCORM 2004 3rd Edition and the problem got worse. It now returns me to Question 25 instead of Question 26. I went through each slide to change "When revisiting" from "automatically decide" to "resume saved state." That didn't seem to help either.

If anyone has any other thoughts on what could be the culprit, I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.