SL360 slow

Nov 21, 2016

Painfully slow on my computer though it is super fast with tons of ram. I even did took it for a reinstall of operative system but to no avail. Help!!

15 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Robert,

I checked in on your cases, and saw that Vira shared the following:

When the issue appears isolated to a particular course, the likely culprit is a slide or one or several components (image, shape, trigger, video…) on your project is corrupted. One way to narrow down the offending slide/object is to import the slides off your current project to a brand new file. Here’s a guide https://community.articulate.com/series/85/articles/storyline-360-importing-slides-from-other-storyline-projects 

TIP: You may import in batch, say per Scene, and then Preview. This will help identify which scene causes the crash and then further isolate the corruption per slide on that scene. 

I see in your other case that Vevette shared some steps to help repair Articulate 360 as well. please let us know if either of these steps have not resolved the issues for you. 

Ashley Schwartau

My team is experiencing so much slowness and lagginess from 360 and we all have a ton of RAM and good processors. Anyone else noticing this? It takes a LONG time to open files, the timeline preview is super slow, and even switching slides takes a few seconds. Wondering if it's just because the early version of the software is kind of buggy or if now we're supposed to need more processing power for the new version? It's really slowing down our workflow. We also manage to crash Storyline at least once a day just by using it the way we've been using it for years which is killing productivity. Any insights, fellow users? 

Zdravko Gunjevic

I only recently started using SL360. I have noticed when I update or edit an image on the Master Slide (of a previous SLv1 (we never got SLv2)), this is when the entire story gets bogged down and is really slow. If I go back to the Master Slide and undo the edits to the image then everything is fine and running nice and quick again.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

...Z

Zdravko Gunjevic

Hi Leslie, I've noticed this issue with two projects. Both I had created with SL1 and now updating with SL360.

I've attached one of the story files. If you go into the master slide and try to edit the image (i.e. change the brightness, contrast, add a box with transparency) it slows down the file. I made my edits to the file first then changed the image on the master slide and didn't have any issues that way.

Thanks,

...Z

Zdravko Gunjevic

Hi Leslie,

I've tried importing the slides into a new story and have the same issue. I've tried it with a few different projects and I get the same (slow) results.

However, if I create a brand new story (i.e. brand new project [using the content library which is AWESOME BTW]) then all is fine and I'm able to edit the master slide images with no problems.

My issues seems to be my old SL1 projects that I'm revising in SL360.

Thanks,

...Z

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.