SL360 - Software/System Issues

Feb 20, 2018

Very much enjoying using Storyline 360, but I suspect there is something wrong with my Windows 7 PC.

system

The machine has an NVIDIA Quadro K4200 graphics card.

Looking at the specifications issued by Articulate is seems that my machine is very much up to the task. I must say, our department is experiencing problems with our PCs in other software (Adobe CC) with two having to be rebuilt as a result of failures. So, on the problem...

I'm experiencing terrible time lag (up to 4 seconds) between mouse clicks when selecting images (approx 1mb) for duplicating when using the ctrl key. Also when lasso selecting graphics drawn on the slide, that has a lag of about 2 seconds before I see the blue highlight box. There are many other time delays, another being, moving the order in the layers of the timeline, which is particularly frustrating.

Based on the info in the above image should my system require being updated? the PC is 18 months old and is on a third party maintenance contract, so fixing it myself is not the answer. I approached the IT contractor maintenance guy, when on his weekly visit, and in defence of the company he works for suggested it was a software problem... I'm not buying that, so any ideas from the community?

Thanks for any feedback. - Dom :)

6 Replies
Dom C

A (UK) lunchtime update:

I cleared the .tmp files in the ApData\Roaming\Articulate... etc. Did a CCleaner of my machine, rebooted...

No change, time lag between mouse clicks on layer up to 4 seconds and clicking between tabs in the top ribbon takes up to 12 seconds.

I tried the same project (7.5mb) on another users PC with an identical spec as mine and it behaved very much the same, which is leading me to think that my project is corrupted. 

The project has audio and I'm trying to synchronise graphics to that audio timeline, very difficult when each mouse interaction is delayed. I have built one similar project already, finished last week, and I noticed towards the end of that project SL360 was slowing up.

Attached is the problem .story, it's just over 7mb and only about ¼ of the number of slides it would be.

Any ideas? With Regards.

Dom C

Hello again,

I seem to be answering my own thread here, but I rebuilt the .story from scratch including the master. But I approached my images differently and used Photoshop to resize and crop them to the specific size (.png) I needed, rather than using an SL360 rectangle, background image, to crop the image with rounded edges. File size is actually bigger but I haven't experienced any mouse interaction time lag.

So maybe I have solved the problem - it was POOR USER PRACTICE!

Leslie McKerchie

Hey Tracy,

Sorry to hear that, but that's certainly the kinds of things we need to be aware of if noticeable.

Curious if the issue happens in any course you are working on or just this particular one?

If you cannot re-create the issue in a new course, I would advise to import the file into a new one and proceed.

If it's happening in any/all files, you should certainly conduct a repair of your software to be sure that the latest update installed correctly.

Please do not hesitate to reach out to our support engineers here if this is something we need to take a deeper look at.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.