SL360 Templates

May 09, 2017

Can we download these SL360 templates or only add slide by slide within SL?

The problem is, this way we end up with thousands of Slide Masters and they must be manually combined, reassigned, and preserved.

So, any download location or is it going to be necessary for me to piece these together one by one into a single template?

18 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hey, Timothy. I'm sorry you spent so much time cleaning up the Slide Masters--I know that was frustrating! We're working through an issue where Content Library templates appear as individual Slide Masters with layouts when inserted into a Storyline 360 file. Does that seem to match what you're seeing?

I really appreciate you letting us know what's going on, and I'll be sure to let you know as soon as we have a fix. Thanks for reaching out!

Timothy Coyle

I really appreciate you getting back. Yes, that's the issue. It's frustrating as I need to do it manually and combine them. It's tedious and error prone. One of life's annoying things.

It's good to know it is known and not just me. I'm hoping it gets resolved, but I'm thinking I'll have all of the templates combined into one master template before it does.

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi all,

Great news!   We just released another update for Articulate 360, and included a few important fixes that you'll see in the release notes here.  

The item you'll be interested in is how each slide that was imported from Content Library would have its own separate slide master in Storyline. Now all slides from the same Content Library template belong to a single slide master in Storyline.

Just launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer and click the Update button for Storyline 360. Details here.

Please let us know if you have any questions, either here or by reaching out to our Support Engineers directly.

Gail Carmichael

Sorry to be a little late on the celebration, but yes, this is a fantastic feature. One thing I'm noticing though, is that my slide master from the Content Library template I'm using doesn't seem to "recognize" the player. I wanted to add a "disable the next button when timeline starts" state change trigger to the slide master, but the "next" and "previous" buttons aren't recognized by slide master. I've attached an image showing what the trigger dialog looked like when I updated my training last year and what is looks like this year using one of the Content Library templates. I'd rather not have to put these triggers on every slide, since using the slide master worked so well in the past! Also, the layouts under the slide master are behaving the same way.

Thanks, all!

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Gail,

I'm trying to recreate this issue with a content library slide master template, and I still need your help. What content library template are you using? 

Also, are you on the latest update of Storyline 360? To check, click the Help tab, then click About Storyline. You should see 3.9.13567.0 in the bottom-right corner. 

Alyssa Gomez

Thanks, Gail. I'm seeing the same problem on the Fractal template, as well as a few others. I'll get this reported to my team so we can begin looking at next steps. Sometimes my team catches errors in my logic and we don’t have a bug after all. Of course if that’s the case, I’ll let you know!

Thanks again for letting us know about this problem, and I'm sorry it's causing you headaches!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.