Slide Background Fill

Sep 25, 2014

Can anyone tell me what this fill option does?  I envision it being a 'looking glass' to the main slide when I'm on a layer - allowing me to put a spotlight on something while greying out the unimportant information.  It doesn't do that, so I'm not sure if it's a bug, or if I'm using it wrong. 

If a picture is worth a thousand words, an example must be worth a million!  I would be so grateful for a working example of this feature, plus the storyline file so I can see how to use it.

Thanks,

Terry

2 Replies
Mike Enders

Hi Terry,

Background Fill does exactly what it says.  It sets the background color for your slide. 

If you're on the base layer, it will serve as the primary background color.  However, slide layers can also contain their own background fills and you are correct that you could use it as a spotlight.  Here are a couple examples:

1. In the first image below, I'm on a slide layer and have applied a solid background fill and adjusted the transparency so you can see the character on the base layer.

In this next image, I've set the background fill on the slide layer to a radial gradient and dropped the transparency to 0% in the middle and 100% on the outside.  This creates a bit of a looking glass effect onto the base layer.  

I'm not sure if this is exactly what you were thinking.  Please let me know and we can definitely help you out further.

Thanks!

Mike

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.