Slide count

May 23, 2018

I am currently working on a project that requires participants to freely choose sections in the course.  I created a True/False variable that checkmarks each section when complete.  However, I am experiencing problems for tracking when all sections are complete.  I need to have some sort of trigger or variable that knows the participant has completed all sections and can proceed to the completion slide.

I would appreciate your assistance.

Thank you,

1 Reply
Doug Cush

Hey Doye,

I don't know the layout of your project but if the sections are selected from some sort of 'Overview' slide, and a 'Proceed' button is supposed to appear on it once all sections are visited, you could:

• Add another True/False variable with its default value set to false, e.g. All_Sections_Complete
  • Add a trigger when the timeline of the 'Overview' slide starts, to adjust the All_Sections_Complete variable to True, under the condition that each of the section variables are True, for example:
  • Add another trigger when the timeline of the 'Overview' slide starts (below the previous trigger), to change the state of the 'Proceed' button from Hidden to Normal, when the variable All_Sections_Complete is equal to True.

Edit: It turns out that I like to give myself more work but you could actually reduce this down to one step: Add a trigger when the timeline of the 'Overview' slide starts, to change the state of the 'Proceed' button from Hidden to Normal - on the condition that all section variables are set to True.

Hopefully this is relevant to what you're doing!
-Doug

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.