Slide layer properties

Feb 17, 2015

I'm looking for a tutorial on the slide layer properties. In particular I'd like to know what the 'seeking' drop down in the slide layer properties pop-up box is all about and the 'revisits' drop down menu. See attachment images.

What I'm trying to do is have a learner work through a slide which has two layers sequenced to display one after the other. The base slide also has a button taking the learner to an optional resource layer.

If you follow through the slide in order resource layer followed by layer 1 then 2,  it works fine but if the learner decides to go back and revisit the resource layer half way through the interaction - the slide doesn't recognize the prior learning (I have used T/F variables) and will not advance to the next slide.

I think the solution is connected to the slide layer properties but not sure where to start.

Can anyone advise please.

3 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Fiona,

It looks like you've created this file in Storyline 1 - so you can find the information here about slide properties and how layers behave. 

In looking at your file, I think the issue you're running into is the "Priviledge" variable doesn't have an opportunity to be set from False to True as the trigger to change it occurs after the user has left the base slide and gone to the layer. Have you looked at including that variable trigger on the layer itself - such as when the timeline starts?

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.