Slide Layer Properties

Dec 15, 2016

Hello, Is there a way to change a "Slide layer Property" with a trigger ?

I've done a Loop using 2 layers and in both layers i have selected "Pause timeline on base layer" and i would like to deselect this option in both layers using a trigger.

I've tried using a trigger on the base layer to resume the Timeline and it does not work.

Please help.   Thanks

4 Replies
Luke Benfield

Thanks Pierre-Andre. After reviewing, and if I'm understanding what you are trying to do correctly, I would actually recommend a simpler solution.

I created a layer called Transition and copied over the brick graphic that is supposed to shrink and disappear. I created a trigger to jump to 1.2/Page 2 when the timeline ends and made sure the timeline ended after 1 second to give the exit animation time to finish and not look too choppy.

Next, I added triggers to the BrickA and BrickB layers to show the Transition Layer if you click on the brick.

I also took out all the change state triggers, and if you don't need the variables for future slides, then you can probably delete those as well.

I thought the loop trick you built to simulate a perpetual glow/pulse was really cool! Kudos.

Attached is the file with the changes I made. You should be able to replicate fairly easily. Let me know if you have any other questions, and hope that helped.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.