Slide Layers

Oct 05, 2016

Hello everyone.

I just wondered if someone can help.  I am working on a project where I have a lot of slide layers and just wondered if it is possible to set us a link that not only returns to the previous slide, but actually a specific layer in that slide.

Thank you in advance

5 Replies
Susi B

Hi Steven,

you can only set a trigger to jump to a specific slide. It´s always the base layer that will be shown.

The only way this would work is using variables. I build you a little story file as an example. But this would be a lot of work if you want to do it for every layer of a bigger course. And the filesize is increased the more variables you use.

Susi

Susi B

Hi Steven,

you can only set a trigger to jump to a specific slide. It´s always the base layer that will be shown.

The only way this would work is using variables. I build you a little story file as an example. But this would be a lot of work if you want to do it for every layer of a bigger course. And the filesize is increased the more variables you use.

Susi

Edit: Missclicked and flagged my own post. So I reposted it. xD

Crystal Horn

You can resume the saved state in the slide properties of the first slide, and your original slide will show the last layer your user saw.  So if you want to point to different layer, this setting wouldn't be the one.

Susi has a good workaround to show any layer on the original slide, but she's right.  Might be a bit of work for you!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.