Slide Master Image Placeholders - displays differently in SL2 to SL360

Dec 07, 2016

I'm beginning a new project for a client building templates and I wanted to test both SL2 and SL360.

I created a layout with an image placeholder 200 x 200.  I then took an image 340 x 397 and resized it to 200 x 200 and also 100 x 100 to see how it would look.

I then created 3 slides in each version using that image layout and inserted the three images:

100 x 100 - in both versions stretched and blurry

200 x 200 - in both versions looked as expected

original size image: in SL2 resized the image so that all detail was still visible

original size image in SL360 resized the image by cropping so that detail on the bottom was lost and the image appeared blurry

Has anyone else played around with Slide Masters in both versions and found any differences?

6 Replies
Mike Enders

Hi Wendy,

For SL360, the placeholders were updated to match the behavior that you'd see with PPT placeholders. So in SL2, if you have a perfectly square placeholder but placed, say, a 16x9 image into the placeholder, the image would maintain it's 16x9 aspect ratio. In SL360, the picture will now be cropped/scaled to fill the placeholder and maintain the placeholder's square dimensions

So that's why, in your images, the top image has maintained it's original aspect ratio but the bottom is now square. 

With that said...

You shouldn't be getting blurry results on the bottom. Can you file a case so our team can take a look?  

Thanks!

Mike

PS. Another cool switch with placeholders is that you can now add triggers to the placeholder and switch out images without having the trigger be removed (because the trigger used to be associated with the image itself).

Wendy Farmer

Response from Support for anyone experiencing same issue

Thanks for patiently waiting. We have reviewed your project file and we were able to duplicate your issue. I have submitted your case to our Quality Assurance team for their review. Unfortunately I was unable to determine a workaround. I cannot offer a time frame for when or if this issue will be resolved.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.