Slide numbering

Jan 07, 2013

I have reordered my slides, but the numbering still puts them in a specific order which messes up my reviewing of a quiz. I can change the name, but not the numbering - is there a way to do that so when I review a quiz or print to word it's not out of order?

10 Replies
Christine Hendrickson

Hi Debbie!

I found some information in another thread that might help with this:

Bruce Graham said:

Hi Rich,

Have a look at this thread, which should explain, (See Dave Anderson's Screenr).

Bruce

http://community.articulate.com/forums/p/12780/76481.aspx#76481

Ron Price said:

Dragging and dropping slides does re-number the slides within a scene.  But dragging scenes around will NOT re-number scenes.  Refer to David's Screenr for a nice work around.

http://community.articulate.com/forums/p/12780/76481.aspx#76481

ginny asher

Im Having the same problem- Its not the Scenes i need to re-number , its the slides. Thye are in the right order in storyline view, and lablelled and flow as i've detailed but the numbers are NOT in order (I imported a powerpoint into a storyline template and hence needed to move them around a bit). How do I renumber the slide so when its publised to word for review it is in the correct sequence

Diana Surleac

ginny asher said:

Im Having the same problem- Its not the Scenes i need to re-number , its the slides. Thye are in the right order in storyline view, and lablelled and flow as i've detailed but the numbers are NOT in order (I imported a powerpoint into a storyline template and hence needed to move them around a bit). How do I renumber the slide so when its publised to word for review it is in the correct sequence

I have the same problem. I want to re-number the slides. They are arranged in the right order, but their numbers are not in order. When I preview, the slides are shown in the numbered order, not in the order I chose....

I renamed the slides as Asley said...

I've seen the Dave Anderson's Screenr, but I only have one scene, so it won't help me...

More than that, I put triggers:

- on slide 1.3. - I have a trigger to jump to slide 1.6

- on slide 1.6. - trigger to jump to slide 1.11

- on slide 1.11 - trigger to jump to slide 1.4   and so on

And still.... it jumps from slide 1.3. to 1.4...... !!!!           I don't get it    :( 

What else can I do?

Andy Whitman

Based on what I can find, there is no actual way to change the automatic slide numbering as requested by the OP. But has anyone found a better workaround than creating new slides and copying and pasting slide contents onto those slides so they are in the correct order?

• Like the OP, I'm not looking for David Anderson's Screenr for Scenes, I'm looking for the individual slide title numbering workaround if one exists.
  • Also not looking to renumber the menu.
  • And I understand the slide numbers are irrelevant for the learner but we need them for review purposes.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.