Slide Properties

Feb 08, 2019

My issue is with bookmarking.

I have developed a course package (SCO) in Storyline 3 for upload to an LMS.

Upon clicking the Exit button, the end user is taken to a choice page (Are you sure you want to exit this training? Yes/No). 

Clicking Yes exits the end user from the Interactive Courseware (ICW). The bookmarking is set up inside of the SCO to Prompt to Resume (Player > Other > On restart > Prompt to resume).

Problem is, as the last slide was the Choice (Are you sure you want to exit this training?) slide, the course resumes (bookmarks) back to the Choice slide and not the slide inside of the ICW from which the end user was learning from.

Is there someway, perhaps under (Slide Properties > When revisiting) I can set up the bookmarking so that the Choice slide is not recognized as the last slide visited, but rather the last slide from which the end user was learning from inside of the ICW is?

Thanks. 

1 Reply
Leslie McKerchie

Hello Samuel and welcome to E-Learning Heroes :)

Thanks for reaching out and letting us know what you are running into with your project. We have some common troubleshooting for resuming content once the completion has been met, but it sounds like you may be running into something different.

So, clicking yes to exit the first course does not exit the course, but takes them to a second course? 

Since the resume behavior is set per course, relaunching the first course would resume on that last completed slide.

Please let me know if I've misunderstood.

As an idea, you may be able to use a variable that adjusts when the user clicks yes as well as a trigger for action. Then when they resume and hit this slide, when the timeline starts and if the variable is true, it jumps to the next slide seamlessly. 

Curious if others in the community have had a similar need and any best practice tips they may have.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.