Slide Properties Question

Jun 13, 2018

I have multiple layers and buttons on a slide and I am disabling the next button until all buttons and layers are clicked.  if my user advances to the next slide and then for some reason wishes to return and replay the information what is the best option so they do not get stuck with the next button disabled again?  If I choose auto decide, they get stuck on the slide.  If I choose reset to initial they must click on all the buttons and layers again.  Is resume to saved state the way to go?

Thanks

2 Replies
Walt Hamilton
If I choose auto decide, they get stuck on the slide. If I choose reset to initial they must click on all the buttons and layers again.

This pretty well sums up your dilemma, doesn't it? There are just too many ways the user can do things to break this.

Here is a method that is foolproof under all circumstances:

1 Set initial state of Next button to Normal (if custom button)

2 Set slide to reset to initial state on revisit. (This guarantees that the timeline will start at the beginning)

3 Change state of Next button to Disabled when timeline on slide starts On Condition ThisSlideVisited variable = false

(Do whatever it takes to make Next button enabled)

4 Adjust variable ThisSlideVisited = True when user clicks Next button

5 Jump (wherever) when user clicks Next button

4 and 5 MUST be in this order, and each slide you want this for must have its own unique variable - I know, more work than what you're current trying, but always does what you want.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.