Slider interaction

Oct 23, 2017

Hi 

I need some help with a slider interaction.

I want to provide feedback based on the users use of three sliders. 

Depending on their interaction with the three sliders they will be given individualized feedback.

So a tick will appear if they think they have met the objective. While some text will guide them back to an earlier topic if they do not think they have met a specific objective.

The feedback is on a layer and I have used states labelled yes and no. 

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong? Project attached.

2 Replies
Walt Hamilton

The triggers are changing the states of the objects on the layer when the variables change. Since the layer is part of the slide, those triggers CAN hear the variables changing, and DO change the states of the objects. The problem is that when the layer is shown, all the objects revert to their default state, which is invisible. Try this for your triggers:

Besides actually working, it saves a lot of processing time that is expended making those changes every time a variable changes. Check it once, change it once, and the results will be what you want.

Also change this trigger on the base. As it is, if the learner chooses yes, then changes their mind and chooses no, when they submit, it will have the check mark, because 0 is less than 1.

Personally, this is one of the reasons I seldom use >=, or <=  unless that is exactly what I want. In this case, the slider will only allow 0 or 1, and you want one condition for 0, and a different one for 1. Writing the trigger using = way will get you what you want, but using <= has given you a result you don't want. Another reason is that 2 years from now when you (or somebody else) comes back to make a few changes to this, it will be much more difficult for them to understand what is going on. They will see the < = and wonder what the other options could possibly be that they are missing.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.