Slider Problem

Jul 19, 2018

Hi StoryLine Community!  

I have published an SL2 file to the web (not an LMS).  I have tested it with IE and Chrome and found everything working.  However I have a client using Chrome that cannot get one of my sliders to work.  As she hovers over the slider’s control her pointer changes to a hand (so the browser is recognizing it as a control).  But when she click and drags, nothing happens.  I have asked her to try many times… making sure that her mouse is precisely centered in the control that she needs to drag. 

Here are things I have tested (none of which helped):

·         I verified that she is using a desktop machine, and is viewing the interface full screen on a sufficiently large monitor. 

·         I have verified that Chrome is up to date.

·         I have verified that she is not remoting into another machine.

·         I want this to work using html5 but *think* she also tried unsuccessfully using Flash

·         I verified that Flash was set to “Ask first” (which is as close to “on” as chrome gets), that popups are allowed, and that JavaScript is enabled.

I have looked through several related posts, but haven’t found anything else to try yet.  She is a remote user, so I don’t have a test case nearby. 

Can anyone suggest some possible problems I might consider?  I would really like this to be supported in Chrome using HTML5. 

Thanks everyone!

~ Michael

7 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi there Michael,

Thanks for letting us know the things you have already tested! I'm glad you reached out to us for help. I can appreciate that it's frustrating when only one user runs into an issue, especially when you're unable to replicate the behavior yourself.

Would you be able to share that particular slide with our Support Team? We can do some further testing and hopefully nail down what's causing this. 

You can send your slide our way by clicking here!

Work Account

Hi again Alyssa,

If you notice this thread again, I wanted to post my results.  The user who could not control the slider in chrome (html5) reported that her zoom level was already at 100%.  However, she found that a zoom level of 80% allowed her to move the slider.  As most users will be at 100% this is a bummer.  I am surprised that on-hover is being properly tracked by her browser (her pointer consistently changed as she moved over the slider's control), but on-click seems to be misaligned under various scenarios.  

Alyssa Gomez

Thanks for following up! I wonder if her Windows display settings are more than 100%. 

I'm thinking this issue is going to be localized to your client, since you and I both were unable to replicate the problem when we tested with a browser zoom of 100%. Has there been any other reports of the slider not working correctly, or was your client the only one affected?

Work Account

Yea, I momentarily lost sight of the fact that I had previously tested everything with Chrome beforehand.  I don't have the heart to take up any more of her time with testing, and will just see if anyone else reports a similar problem.  It isn't that big of a deal to be honest... an easy fix.  Thanks for your help... that isn't something that would have occurred to me to try.  

~ Michael

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.