Slides resetting to initial state in Test but not in Storyline 360

Sep 11, 2017

Hi,

I'm having two issues with a course I'm trying to publish.

1) I have a couple of slides that reset to their initial state when a layer is closed.  The slides have animation - captions drop in one by one and each caption has a layer behind it. The setting on the base layer is 'resume saved state'  which works perfectly in Storyline but not in the LMS.

2) The second issue is that when I republish the course, there is no 'launcher' file in the new version. Is this normal?

Thanks,

Mira.

4 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi Mira!

Thanks for allowing me to take a peek at your file. I published it for LMS and uploaded it to SCORM Cloud, which is a handy tool for LMS testing. Click this link to test your file there, and let me know if it's working correctly.

Here's an overview of the files you should see when you export for LMS. Are you finding that the new version you upload to your LMS does not overwrite the original version? What LMS are you using?

Mira Gomez

Hi Alyssa, we tested the course in SCORM Cloud and it works perfectly. What we're finding is exactly as you said - the LMS does not appear to overwrite the previous version.

We're using an LMS which is built upon the Oracle iLearning platform. Does that make sense? I'm not very au fait with the technical side of the LMS. More information on this link - https://www.seertechsolutions.com/ilearning-plus.html

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.