Some Audio does not replay in Storyline 360

May 08, 2017

When I preview a slide with multiple audio clips in Storyline 360 (or view in Articulate Review) all the audio plays on the initial view. However, if the replay button is hit, or an earlier point is clicked on the seekbar, some audio clips play normally and some clips do not play at all. When previewing a scene (or viewing in Articulate Review), moving to another slide and then back to a slide with multiple audio clips plays all the clips. It is only when replaying the slide or a portion of the slide that the problem occurs. Any ideas what is causing this problem? In Scene 1 of the attached file, slides 2 and 12 are examples of the problem.

11 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi Dennis,

Thanks for reaching out! We have an issue on our radar for Storyline 360 where audio intermittently will get muted when scrubbing back and forth on the seekbar in HTML5. You're also seeing this behavior in Preview mode because Storyline 360 previews HTML5 content.

This isn't happening in the Flash output, so a workaround for now is to publish with Flash/HTML5 or Flash only. If there's a chance that learners will view the content on a mobile device, be sure to include HTML5 in the output. Here's a link to the content published with Flash for you to test. I'm sorry if this has been giving you headaches, and I'll be sure to let you know as soon as we have a fix!

I also tested the rewind button, and that looks to be working normally. If you notice that audio is not replaying when you click Rewind, change the slide properties to "When revisiting: Reset to initial state".

I hope this is helpful, and give us a shout if you have any other questions!

Amanda  Sirianni

Hi Alyssa,

I'm experiencing the same issue Dennis initially described.  I have a slide with a video and multiple audio clips set to play in a lightbox slide.  Since the seekbar doesn't display in the lightbox, I added a button to mimic replaying the screencast and audio when the timeline and all media end (e.g., I added a trigger to the button so it would jump to the same slide and changed the revisit properties to "reset to initial state".)  After clicking the button, it will restart the slide/timeline.  The video and the first audio clip both play completely.  But, any subsequent audio clips are randomly muted.  This is occurring for me when I publish it in HTML5/Flash and Flash/HTML5.  Since you noted you're already aware of this issue, should I still submit a support case?  

Alyssa Gomez

Thanks for chiming in, Amanda! We are still digging into this bug, so you're in the right place to stay up-to-date on it's progress. In case you're interested in how we tackle bugs, have a look at this article. 

You mentioned this happens when you publish with HTML5/Flash and Flash/HTML5.  This bug should only occur in HTML5, so my hunch is that you're testing in a browser where Flash is disabled. If you'd like us to double-check, you're welcome to attach your file to this thread or send it along to our support team here. 

Leslie McKerchie

Great news!  We just released another update for Articulate 360, and included a few important fixes that you'll see in the release notes here.  

The item you'll be interested in is:

Audio would sometimes mute when dragging the seekbar in HTML5 output.

Just launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer and click the Update button for Storyline 360. Details here.

Please let us know if you have any questions, either here or by reaching out to our Support Engineers directly.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.