Sooo... is content library 360 something users can add content to?

Jul 13, 2020

First of all the UI is frustrating because every time I try to go into Content 360 to "see what's there" it tries to get me to buy it.  I already pay two grand a year for this stuff, why should I buy it again?

I just want to log into it an look under the hood.

anyway, i hope someone can help... I have hundreds of videos and audio clips and tens of thousands of images I want to load into one central repository of information. 

Judging by the name "Content 360" this seems the perfect solution, but as far as I can tell, it's only content FROM articulate, not a central warehouse for ALL content a developer might use.  So how's this supposed to work?  I want to put all my content in one location so my other developer can access it.

thanks
Jim

4 Replies
Jim Powell

Thanks but no.  I don't want to store media in a storyline file -- I want a repository of my company's media that we've shot and accumulated over the years to be in a central location so that we can query it and pull from it.  I appreciate the reply Melanie but I don't get how this is related to what I'm looking for -- this allows me to insert media as part of a specific storyline file... but not in a centralized library.

A good name for it would be "Content 360" which is what I thought I'd be getting but it only seems that that's articulate content, not user-content.

but just for yucks I followed through and imported 20 images into a "media library" but it was wrapped within a storyline file -- so when I saved that file that content was only found in relation to that .story file.  When I created a NEW .story file -- the media library is blank.

I'm thinking that Articulate doesn't offer that service, perhaps I can house all my media on AWS and find some way to search and pull from that location.  Not sure yet, I would really appreciate any additional feedback. Tks, Jim

Jim Powell

Okay, thanks.  Yeah, wasn't what I was looking for.  I don't want to create slides, just want a content library that encompasses all of my content and content from Articulate (with some segregation of course) so I'm covered -- i.e. the title "Content 360" sounds to be an apt description of what I need but obviously Articulate is only showcasing its own content in there, not a library of my own.  In a pinch, sure, I can use team slides but that's not really an elegant solution (of course unless I were repurposing slides and little micro-content [or bigger] things I wanted to reuse in Articulate products.  I just want a bucket (i.e. AWS buckets is something I'm looking at) where I can deposit thousands of pieces of audio, video, and images I've developer or shot over the years).

thanks
Jim

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.