Sotryline 360: Large image resizing to fit to slide

Feb 17, 2021

I have a requirement to import a large image into Storyline 360. It needs to a PNG file as transparency is required.

It is a train that I want to enter from the left and then exit the slide to the right. It creates a nice effect of the carriages sliding by.

I have created this to the correct dimensions but when I import it the image fits to the slide. Thus when I enlarge it to the correct size, it becomes pixelated.

This seems exasperated due to the fact that SVG graphics are not supported.
Is there a way of importing that stops the natural fit and image compression occuring.

3 Replies
Kelvin Sprague

Thanks Phil.

Unfortunately I cannot do that as I work on a Mac and although I have PPT / Office 365 on the Mac it doesn't also work in a windows environment that I run using Parallels.

It means subscribing to a higher Windows 365 package. Something I am not prepared to do on the off chance it will work - as you too have discovered.

It's a little dissapointing the lack of Mac software / lack of SVG support, that I know many people having been raising for quite a few years.

I guess I'll have to use an animation package and animate the whole slide to be exported as a movie clip. Thank you again for your time, much appreciated as I thought I might be missing something.

Leslie McKerchie

Hello everyone!

If you're following along and looking for sharp images, I've got great news for you! We just released another update for Articulate 360 and included a few important fixes you'll see in the release notes.

The item you'll be interested in is:

New: Import scalable vector graphics (SVGs) to Storyline 360 so images stay sharp when learners zoom in and out.

Just launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer and click the Update button for Storyline 360. Details here.

Please let us know if you have any questions, either here or by reaching out to our Support Engineers directly.