Sound drops out, button behaviors vary, text degenerates, more
We uploaded a Storyline presentation to our staging server and discovered some large errors and strange behaviors.
The staging server runs Windows Server 2008, the problems have all been seen on Windows 7 machines in various browsers.
1. When the presentation is paused or the refresh button is clicked, the sound drops out and won't come back. This is a fairly consistent bug.
2. A button set with "hover" and "selected" states sometimes displays them, and sometimes only displays the "hover" state but not the "selected" state.
3. In several text-heavy slides, we used scrolling panels to display the text. While this looked fine when we published and reviewed it locally, once it was on the staging server, we couldn't scroll the text without the text degenerating: the letterforms seem to be affected by some kind of heavy-handed anti-aliasing that makes it almost unreadable. The affected text is in Calibri, on a layer, and either green or red. On the same slide, text in Calibri in black on the base layer in a scrolling panel displays correctly.
Here's an image of that:
4. Images intermittently fail to load, seemingly at random, so that they don't appear in the presentation. Upon reloading the whole thing, the missing images appear. Different images have been missing for different users.
5. Finally, more trivial but still annoying: on one slide, we can't get the Notes to register multiple line breaks. We wanted to insert some space between the main Notes and a footnote, but no matter how many line breaks we put between the top paragraph and the footnote, only one line break registers and the footnote doesn't move down. This behavior is also evident on preview/publish locally and only seems to affect one slide.
Any insight into any of these issues is welcomed.