Sound not playing on iPad with SCORM HTML SL360

Mar 05, 2021

I am experiencing audio issues with the SL360 SCORM export. I've tested on an iPhone and desktop and the audio works just fine. On an iPad, there is no audio. I am using a 6th Generation iPad and tried with iOS 14.3 and 14.4 and nothing works. There's no audio whether it's tested in Safari or Chrome.

I did a ton of research and found a lot of articles (especially in this community) to troubleshoot before submitting here but nothing has worked.

First I will say that I confirmed in every scenario below that the iPad was not in mute mode and the volume was turned up.

For SL360 exports I've tried the following:

1. Original scenario that didn't work: SL360 export in SCORM 1.2 with Classic Player - HTML only standard delivery
  2. Scenario 2 - SL360 export in SCORM 1.2 with Classic Player - HTML/Flash Mobile enabled
  3. Scenario 3 - SL360 export in SCORM 1.2 with Modern Player 
  4. Scenario 4 - SL360 export in SCORM 1.2 with Classic Player - HTML/Flash Mobile enabled with volume button enabled

For all scenarios I tried with and without the desktop website enabled using the steps below:

Go to the Settings > Safari > Request Desktop Website. Under the Request Desktop Website On section, click All Websites to turn off/grey out the toggle.

Nothing I have tried has given me audio on the iPad. Please help.

2 Replies