State change

Jun 26, 2013

When completing a task my buttons change to a selected state. I would like my states to stay selected if the user goes back to redo the task. How do I prevent the button to returning to the normal state when reselected?

Thank you for any help given.

7 Replies
Peg Stangby

Even with the resume saved state option selected the state changes every time that the button is reselected. (the user does not have to leave the slide to reselect the button. In other words, if the learner has selected the button once it is recorded as selected. If the learner selects the button again it reverts to normal. I do not want the button to revert to normal.

Nancy Woinoski

Hi Peg, Tim is right about the Selected state. I think what you need is a Visited state. This state should stay enabled when the user exits the screen and then comes back to redo it again.  You don't need any special triggers to change the state to visited - it will automatically change to Visited once the user clicks on the button.

sam skillington

Hi all. After reading all these comments I have a problem identical. I am not new to articulate so this is starting to annoy me. I have tried ALL the above recommendations above before I even came looking for answers but even double checking none seem to work. The object in question will always revert to normal upon revisiting the slide, even though it saves the slides end state. I am working in layers of this slide though, perhaps that's part of the problem. Any help would be great!!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.