States

Dec 30, 2019

Hi all,

I am currently trialling Articulate Storyline 360. I have upgraded a previous project from Storyline 2 but the state of all the buttons in the new project has changed. Everytime the mouse hovers over one of the buttons it gets smaller. I know how to resolve this for each individual button but it will take a lot of time to do this for all of them. Is there any way I can change the state for all the buttons at the same time? 

11 Replies
Paolo Pini

Hi Ren, 

That's great thank you!

I'm not sure if this is the case but a possible cause of this problem is that I have changed the story size from 4:3 to 16:9 and have then enlarged the feedback button after. However, this has only enlarged the "normal" state while the other states such as "hover" and "down" have not changed. 

Is there a way of enlarging them all at the same time?

Ren Gomez

Hi Paolo,

Usually when you resize a button, all the other states should resize as well unless you have already edited the other states. Do you see this in the same file, or have you tried to replicate this in a new file?

You may be running into a bug we have reported where the continue button gets resized to the master size when upgrading from Storyline 2. In that scenario, setting the Feedback Master button to the preferred button size in Storyline 2 before upgrading to Storyline 360 has helped.

Erin Sadler

Do they behave when you publish the file?

I'm seeing that awful 'text slightly offset wiggle' in my multiple choice answers - this used to be a major bugbear of mine in Storyline, but hadn't been an issue for a long while - I've just switched to 360 and it's like going back in time :) But thankfully when I published the file, the text remained the same in all states.

Though why preview can't reflect reality I do not know, it's not very helpful!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.