States issue

Dec 06, 2022

Hello,

Im having some issues with image states in several projects.  They are set to be disabled on a slide until the timeline reaches a cue point or a checkbox is selected.  I also have a menu with image states set to be disabled until a variable is triggered and then turn to normal.  Sometimes these states function the way that they should, and then sometimes when the slide is visited, the image is normal state when it should be disabled state.  The functioning is not impacted, it is just the state of the image that is impacted.

- All slides are set to reset to initial state in the slide settings

- In addition to setting the state I want for the initial state of the object, Ive also set a slide trigger to set the object to disabled "when timeline starts on this slide" in cases that would help, but it has not mattered.

- The "else" condition is not appearing in my files even though Ive done the update, so Im not sure if there is some sort of issue following the update (it was there previously and is now not showing up).

Is anyone else experiencing issues with states in their project files?  

11 Replies
Judy Nollet

If the Slide Properties are set to "Rest to initial state," well, the program will revert objects to their initial state.

To ensure proper control, use a trigger with a condition that checks the value of a variable. 

• Create a T/F variable with a default value of False.
  • Add the trigger(s) to change the variable to True when appropriate. For example, this could happen when the timeline ends or when the user clicks the appropriate button(s). 
  • Add a trigger that either sets the object to Disabled or to Normal based on the value of the variable. That trigger would look something like this: 

FYI: The "Else" option isn't available unless the first part of the trigger has at least one condition. 

For more info: 

Hannah Radant

Thanks for the clarification on the "else" option and the info references, Judy! 

I actually have the initial states set to disabled so they should go back to that state when the slide restarts.  This set up has worked for me on many other projects without involving variables, but that does seem like something I could try as well.  Thank you! 

Kelly Auner

Hi Dominic,

Thanks for reaching out!

I'm sorry to hear that you're running into this bug. One workaround is to revert back to Storyline 360 version 3.68.28887.0. I understand this is not an ideal solution, and we appreciate your patience while we look into this. If you need further assistance, please reach out in a case, and one of our Support Engineers will be happy to help!

Kelly Auner

Hi Peter,

Thanks for checking in!

We aren’t ready to share a specific date, but our development team is aware of the issue, and we'll be sure to update this discussion with our progress. Please reach out to our support engineers if you need assistance on your project in the meantime. We'll be happy to take a look!

Kelly Auner

Hi, everyone!

I have some great news to share. We just released another update for Storyline 360. In Update 72, we’ve included important fixes and new features.

One of the fixes we’ve included is:

When changing the state of a button from disabled to normal, the normal state could display incorrect attributes, such as color.

To take advantage of this update, launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer and click the Update button next to Storyline 360. You'll find our step-by-step instructions here.

Please let me know if you need additional help!