Story view

Feb 20, 2018

Hi, everybody,

I kindly ask for support - in Story view in expand mode I have 16 slides, but in collapse mode - only 9. How can I have all 16 in collapse mode? Thank you

5 Replies
Leslie McKerchie

Hello Alexander,

By default, Story View displays a thumbnail image for every slide in your course. If you have a large course with lots of slides, it can be helpful to collapse scenes to get a better picture of your course layout. 

Sounds like you may have 16 slides in 9 scenes?

If you're seeing something different and would like us to take a look, feel free to share your .story file.

Walt Hamilton

The short answer is that it isn't possible. Like Leslie said, story view shows thumbnail views. When it is collapsed, it shows a thumbnail of the thumbnails. Just as you can't see all the details on the slides on the thumbnails in story, you can't see all the thumbnails in the collapsed (thumbnail of thumbnails) view. However, if you hold CTRL, and roll your scroll button, you can change the size of the thumbnails in the expanded view. If you make them small enough, you can see them all at once.

Walt Hamilton

Story view is your storyboard, and because it attempts to show the navigation between slides, it is not possible to change their positions. The only way to change the position of slides is to change the triggers that navigate between them.

Look at this example:

Slide 1.3 is a menu slide. From it the user can click on different objects and jump to 1.4, 1.5, 1.6, or 1.7. Therefore they are all below it, but side by side to each other. That is why there is a little line from it to each of them.

From 1.7, the learner goes to 1.8, and that is why there is an arrow from 1.7 to 1.8, and 1.8 is below 1.7.

If I want 1.4 to be horizontal to 1.3, I have to delete the trigger that jumps from 1.3 to 1.4.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.