Storyline 1 to Storyline 2 issues

Aug 25, 2015

Hello,

I'm converting some SL1 projects over to SL2 and have been running into a frustrating issue (which hopefully someone can help alleviate). Essentially, it would appear as though certain objects on the timeline (it seems to be solid color rectangles) "break" the course, especially if these objects extend beyond the boundaries of the stage. On slides with these objects, the next and previous buttons no longer work and the user can no longer navigate via the menu. In essence, the ability to navigate becomes frozen and the course becomes stuck.

I have roughly 60 projects to convert and the idea of having to root through hundreds of slides to hunt down and replace these shapes is pretty terrifying.

Thanks in advance!

5 Replies
alan saunders

Attached is a stripped down version of an instance where the user can't click "NEXT" until the timeline reaches the point at which the rectangle (labeled "PROBLEM") starts. If you go into the second slide and delete the "PROBLEM" rectangle or set it as invisible, the issue is resolved. 

alan saunders

Here's a YouTube video I made demonstrating the issue I was having: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vjI0B3POUU&feature=youtu.be

As you can see, I can click next through the first slide fine, but the second slide is getting hung up. I also can't recreate the issue since we no longer user Storyline 1, but you're right, changing the shape to a solid fill worked! Thanks!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.