Storyline 2 and 508 Compliance

Apr 27, 2015

If a scormed course uploaded to an LMS defaults to the Flash version of the course, how can it be considered 508 compliant?  I develop courses for the federal government which must be 508 compliant, therefore it is important that my courses include no flash.  How can I force the HTML5 version to always play? Does anyone know how to modify the story.html file to do this?

4 Replies
Diane Cornwell

Through reading other forums, I have discovered that the HTML5 version of scormed courses is not 508 compliant and will not be read by a screen reader, so I don't need to worry about the HTML5 version.  My issue now is that I cannot get either Jaws or Windows Narrator to read my courses.  I do have the accessibility option turned on for the things I want it to read.  I have tried both screen readers in Chrome and IE with no success. 

My courses must be 508 compliant and accessible to screen readers.  Any ideas on what the problem may be?

Thanks

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.