Storyline 2 Error! Please Help

Jul 15, 2016

I keep getting this (see image) when i go to change the font in my file. 

5 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Stefne,

I'm sorry to hear about that error message you're seeing. Can you confirm that you're working on local project files as detailed here? Does it only happen when trying to use one particular font or with any changes you're making in Storyline? Also, is it just this one file? If you're seeing it in all your Storyline files please look at conducting the repair here. 

Christie Pollick

Hi, Stefne -- Thanks for your reply! Please feel free to let us know if the repair information Ashley provided helps you find improvement. And in the event that you are dealing with file corruption, I thought I might share the following to check for a working version of your project in your temp files:

1) Open this folder in Windows Explorer: %appdata%\Articulate\Storyline

2) Scan the contents of this folder for a file that starts with the name of your project. If you find one, copy it to your desktop. If you find more than one, copy the latest version to your desktop.

3) Change the file extension of the copy on your desktop from *.tmp to *.story.

4) Double-click the file to open it in Storyline.

And to help avoid corruption in the future, please see this article: Follow These Tips to Reduce Your Risk of Corrupting or Losing Project Files. 

Please let us know if you are all set or still need more help! :)

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.