Storyline 2 error when editing screen recording: Video cannot be encoded
I recently began using a new computer with Windows 7 OS. I am now unable to edit video from within Storyline 2. I completed all of the troubleshooting steps that are recommended. I uninstalled Storyline 2, ran the cleaner bat file, reinstalled the program. No change.
1) The video is a simple small screen recording done from within Storyline 2.
2) Trying a simple edit (such as a small trim) I get the following error: "Video cannot be encoded" when I try to Save and Close.
3) I can export the video and reinsert it, and I am still unable to save and close after editing.
4) I can open the exported video and edit and publish from Replay without issue.
5) I can create a screen recording in Reply, publish from Replay to an MP4, and insert the MP4 file into Storyline 2, but cannot edit that video from within Storyline 2.
I am attaching a sample file with a screen recording I made from within Storyline 2.
I've used Storyline for years. As I mentioned above, this is a new issue. Incidentally, I always work from my hard drive.