storyline 2 preview not working with flash version 20.0.0.306

Feb 14, 2016

I just got a new laptop, pre-loaded with flash version 20.0.0.306, using IE 11, windows 10, storyline 2.  On a crunch deadline and my preview won't work when I preview entire project.  I does work if I preview just a scene.  Weird thing is that when I opened a different storyline 2 file just to see what would happen, the alternate file did preview project successfully.  Can anyone point me in the right troubleshooting direction?

6 Replies
Jon DeGroot

Hey Camille,

The fact that one project previews successfully and the other doesn't is leading me to believe it's not the latest flash version causing the issue. I updated to 20.0.0.306 and preview is working on my end. I did see that 2 months ago a flash update broke the preview functionality though so it's certainly possible it's part of the problem. Could you share your Storyline file that isn't previewing? I will see if it works on my end and that'll help us with troubleshooting the problem. Also can you explain what happens when you try to preview the entire project? Just so I know what I'm looking for.

Thanks!

Jon DeGroot

Camille Chavez

Hi Jon,
Thanks for reaching out. I have not seen this happen before. It is very strange that other files will preview in their entirety, but for some reason this file will not. There are actually two files that are problematic, same content and set up for both, one is in English and one is in Spanish. Neither will preview full project for me. It gets about 75% of the way through the preparation for preview, then an pop up comes on the screen saying that Articulate has encountered a problem and may close. I appreciate any help.

Here is a link to both of the files: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/b82y0f7nj2kuade/AAAE7nbudPH3bQ37sDP-EDPsa?dl=0

Camille Chavez
Director or Training, Farmer Boys Food, Inc. www.farmerboys.com
3452 University Ave., Riverside, CA 92501
Office: 951-823-8531 Fax: (951)786-4786 Email: cchavez@farmerboys.com
[Farmer Boys

Camille Chavez

You are my hero today Jon! I have no idea how you figured that out, and got back to me so quickly with a solution. As you instructed, I took out the symbols for one third and used text instead, and like magic....preview! You saved me a ton of development time and a large headache, because I would have never figured that out. If you are ever in southern California, in the Riverside area, please look me up. I owe you lunch for sure!

Camille Chavez
Director or Training, Farmer Boys Food, Inc. www.farmerboys.com
3452 University Ave., Riverside, CA 92501
Office: 951-823-8531 Fax: (951)786-4786 Email: cchavez@farmerboys.com
[Farmer Boys

Jon DeGroot

Glad I could help! I figured it out by deleting slides and trying the preview over and over again. Eventually I narrowed it down to those 3 slides since when I deleted them the preview worked. So then I took a look at what they had in common and the 1/3 stood out. I've seen special characters cause problems in the past so I remove them. Tried the preview and it worked!

I don't see myself in Southern California any time soon but I'll be sure to keep that in mind!

Have a good night and feel free to shoot me a message if you run into problems in the future!

Jon DeGroot

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.