Storyline 2 Slider not working in HTML5 Output

May 21, 2015

We have created on slider in Storyline, but when we test it on iPAD it does not work. It is working on Desktop. Even when we run it from html5, it does not work.

We have added some clickable on the screen which is sliding. When we slide it, it is working, but when we try to click the clickable, it does not show the content and also does not show the mouse icon that denotes that there is any clickable.

We to resolve it ASAP as we have a client delivery, and before that we need to resolve it. 

13 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Sharad,

Thanks for sharing the file here. I have published it and placed within SCORM Cloud to test it here.  Testing this on an iPad in Safari, the slider element is clickable once the timeline ends and then I can click on the orange ovals, which is the same behavior I see in Firefox and Chrome on my desktop.  It seems scrolling past 1970 on the iPad I'm not able to click on the ovals - is that the part that isn't clickable for you? 

I did want to confirm you're also viewing it within Mobile Safari on one of the supported iOS options detailed here and using the latest update of Storyline 2, Update 5. 

Sharad Saran

Hi Ashley,

Yes, after moving the slider the orange ovals are not clickable in iPAD or in HTML5.

We are facing this issue even on desktop version when we run the course through story_html5.html.

Please look at it and let me know if we need to modify something in the interaction so that it will work with HTML5 as well.

Hi Sharad,

Thanks for confirming and we're seeing some similar behavior in your version and in a new version we created. In the version we created it seems that in the HTML5 output the slider breaks the triggers associated with the "ovals" to show the new layer once it's been moved. In your set up, it seems I'm able to move it to the third spot and still click on the ovals, although mostly in the top right hand corner of them - not the entire thing. 

I'm going to share this with our QA team for additional review, and I'll share any additional information here once it's available. I don't have a time frame to offer in regards to when I'll hear back from them so in the meantime you may want to let users know that they'll want to view the Flash output or within the Mobile Player where it worked normally. 

Hi Sharad,

I shared your file and a test file where we recreated this with the Quality Assurance team so they'll be continuing to investigate. At this itme I don't have anything else to share, although you may want to look at utilizing the Mobile player on your iPad as everything worked normally for me there. 

Steve Flowers

Hi Sharad - 

Looks like HTML5 loses the hit area for the states that are moved out of the way if they're 100% transparent. I'm seeing the hit area is there for the first state shape but only where the shape overlaps with the normal state area.

If you have a solid fill in the moved states, I'm seeing that it catches the hit (mouse gives me the finger). Instead of having your state shapes at 100% transparency, try a few of them with 99% transparency to see if that helps. It seems to do the trick on my end.

Steve Flowers

SL is now crashing a lot for me after changing these. Might need to try another approach. And it's not working for the second one. I did manage to make a copy of my first shape and paste into the other states. That did work once I set the transparency to 99%. Shifting the color of the first shape is causing SL to go berserk on publish.

Cool bug either way:)

Stephen Mills

Please check the specifications on what browser it works with. As all modern browsers are disabling flash you will be served HTML5 first and I know Firefox is not supported (any version) when viewing it as HTML5.

So just make sure you are viewing it on devices, browser etc supported.

When SL2 came out Flash was very much still leading but HTML5 is now the daddy and Storyline360 has better support for this.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.